Friday, July 18, 2008

Today I Feel Like Cooking

I feel a little bit more energetic today, and decided to try using up as much of the day's milk as I could. We got almost one gallon for the house milk, so I took my cultures out of the freezer to see if there was anything simple. I decided to make a quart of buttermilk and three cups of sour cream. The sour cream culture calls for light cream or half and half, but I have tried using milk in the past and it turned out just a little runny - it's supposed to make a quart, so I'm going to try using only three cups and see if it thickens up better.

I've got a piece of London Broil thawing on the counter. I'm thinking something with curry powder, but not sure what yet. Do mangoes and curry powder go together?

The oddest thing has happened to me in the last couple of years. I remember when I was a child, the idea of pork chops and applesauce, or any kind of sweet sour meat was just disgusting and gross. But now, it tastes good to me.

I also decided to make Baked Maple Egg Custard. I was thinking about making a pudding to turn into ice cream, but I think I'm going to really start trying to avoid white flour and cornstarch. I am just too tired all the time for this to be normal, I seem to be affected by the foods I eat.


I'm thinking about trying these supplements:

Dr. Ron's Sea Vegetable Plus - Nutrients for a Healthy Thyroid
Doc's Best Multi - the next generation
And the adrenals formula on this page
Organ Delight
And the Thyroid supplement on this page

The only problem is they are crazy expensive!

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the Swanson Health Products website and type in "thyroid"-they have supplements with similar ingredients for 6.99. I get my methylcobalamin there and super B 50, along with my Ester C, the three things I can't do w/o (vitamin wise).

Anonymous said...

Oops-forgot to sign-Pat