My momma used to make Christmas cookies when I was growing up. She would make green Christmas trees, and red, green and white snowflakes, and others, using a MIRRO cooky press.
A couple of months ago I ordered a Mirro Cooky Press from eBay so I could make cookie press cookies for Christmas.
I wanted to make Christmas trees, but somehow, between the time the cookie press arrived and now, some of the plates were misplaced. I'm sure they will show up eventually. My momma says she always made the Caramel Cookies, but since she used those to make Christmas trees, I decided to try a different recipe.
Snow Flakes
Time 12-15 minutes
Temperature 350°F
1 cup shortening (I used butter)
3 ounce cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. grated orange rind
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Cream shortening, cream cheese and sugar well.
2. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and grated orange rind.
3. Gradually blend in flour, salt and cinnamon which have been sifted together.
4. Fill MIRRO cookie press. Form cookies on ungreased MIRRO cookie sheets. Bake.
5. Remove at once to cooling racks.
Yield: 6-7 dozen
These cookies were very delicate tasting and delicious. The first taste to register on your tongue was the light orange flavor and then the cinnamon. I'm glad I tried the recipe.
Until next time.
Thanks Ree, Pioneer Woman for Photoshop Actions Set #2 "Seventies" Action for the old-timey looking photos. The Snow Flakes recipe was scanned from the actual recipe book that came with the MIRRO cooky press.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Snow Flakes
Labels: Holiday Banter
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment