Just a quick update on my garden. Tonight I transplanted the basil, which is not doing very well, and the last two watermelon plants. I left them outdoors last night and it blew so hard that they were thrown from a table onto the ground and they are just looking all wilted and unhappy. So I figured what the heck, I'll just get them transplanted and hope it doesn't do them in for good.
I also transplanted three squash plants out of a "hill" that had seven plants.
I have ladybugs and ladybug larvae!! They love the aphids which are living on the cilantro. I keep seeing all the bright orange ladybugs, and today saw all these black spots all over and looked more closely and realized it was the larvae.
I worked on this bed yesterday morning. I removed the spinach and some of the beets and swiss chard so that the cucumbers can get more sunlight. I also transplanted some corn so they are a bit closer together. They came up spread out further apart. They seem to be handling the transplanting well.











It has taken FOREVER for these green beans to germinate. I finally laid a black piece of plastic over the bed to try and warm it and get the seeds to germinate. It is the romano-type green bean. I hope more than this one plant comes up.


I need to get a monthly planner where I can quickly jot down notes for what I planted or harvested.
Until next time.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Garden Update
Labels: Gardening
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Beautiful garden, Starlene! Looks like you've got a great helper there in Gaedwn Kitty!
Pat
Oops, I mean Garden Kitty.
Post a Comment