Sally Fallon's _Eat Fat, Lose Fat_ says we need cod liver oil in our diets, and it is especially important for thyroid support. I bought some TwinLabs mint flavored cod liver oil a week or so ago. I worked up my nerve tonight and decided I would try some. My siblings and I were made to take the vile oil as children. Here I am again, repeating my childhood nightmares. ;-) So I hand squeezed a small orange, mixed in two teaspoons of cod liver oil, held my breath and swallowed. Hey! That wasn't bad at all!! There is a taste of mint in my mouth, but no fishy cod liver oil! This isn't so bad.
I'm always afraid to share with anyone what I'm currently embarking on with regards to food. One of my siblings is eating low fat. Of course, Fallon's theory is we are pretty much killing ourselves by eating low fat, claiming fats are vital to our bodies.
I also took four dessicated liver tablets with the cod liver oil.
I made two batches of mozzarella cheese. The first batch I used some milk from 7-1 which tasted fine, but once I made it into cheese it tasted goaty, so I made a second batch. I worked a lot in the kitchen today and yesterday. It is unusual for me to have this much energy. I have been attempting to eat more like NT ways, but I did have some ice cream today with hot fudge and walnuts.
Monday, July 11, 2005
Cod Liver Oil
Labels: Nourishing Traditions
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment