Here I am finally. Long days lately. We might be moving. We live on 3.5 acres, and have caught wind of a 10 acre property about 150 miles from here. I hate moving. But the city is closing in on us here, and we want to be out in the COUNTRY.
It would be 200 miles from my job. I just got a raise of $1/hour and make $21/hour. I'm not going to find a job making that much money per hour in a small community.
But the thing is, our property has risen so much in value (maybe FOUR times in four years) that we could pay for our mortgage here, buy the new place outright AND not work for a few years, just concentrate on building our farm and making it into a profitable business.
I feel a great deal of obligation to my current job. I am an important piece and relied upon heavily by two of the main people. I do nearly all of the billing. I don't know how they will survive without me. When my ex-boss left, it dealt a great blow to our agency. But we survived.
A "rotten apple" was hired by my ex-boss before he left, and since no one will ever be fired under the current management, he was there every day, rottening the whole work experience for everyone. Thank you God, for answering my prayers. When he went to another state with his wife for vacation at Christmas, I prayed that he would find a new job in the other state. His wife's family lives there. And he came back from vacation, and gave his two week resignation!!! Praise God!
We have two new employees, they are both a breath of fresh air. The person to replace "rotten apple's" position seems to be a pretty good kid. We talked yesterday and I am tentatively giving him my seal of approval.
Better get going to milk. Just too much going on to document it all.
Friday, March 03, 2006
Busy, Too Busy
Labels: Busy Times, work
Posted by RawMilkStar at 6:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment