I was supposed to go in two months ago and get my tooth looked at - the one that has a cavity. Because the cavity is in the molar behind the "pocket" I thought the cavity had been caused by food in the pocket. I was hoping to help my tooth heal but I'm starting to think there is no way because I'm a failure when it comes to doing the things I am supposed to do, to help the tooth heal. I am taking all the supplements haphazardly. The cod liver oil is just fine, but I can't remember to take it. It's deodorized so it doesn't even taste like fish. I hate the minerals. They taste disgusting. I can't figure out what the disgusting taste is. And it doesn't last that long in my mouth but it's nasty. I'm not drinking hardly any raw milk. I am not drinking bone broth on a regular basis. I'm ingesting too much white flour and sugar, not a lot but my understanding is ANY is going to be detrimental to our health. The only thing I am doing with any regularity is I have stopped using toothpaste altogether, using baking soda instead.
So my new appointment is this month... I guess May 21st. I thought for sure I remember it being May 23rd, but that's Saturday and they aren't open on Saturday.
While flossing one night about a week ago... I realized that the tooth behind the pocket has a white filling. That means the cavity is beneath the filling. Crap. Now I have read that people are talking about their fillings popping out because their cavities are healing, but I guess I'm going to succumb to the drill and get the tooth taken care of since I can't seem to do anything right.
I am not feeling any pain whatsoever, not even the "ghost" pain I was feeling when I went in originally. No tooth sensitivity either.
I wonder if I should call the dentist for some type of sedative to take ahead of time. I have never had this kind of paranoia about going to the dentist before, but I just find myself filled with anxiety at the thought of being stuck with the needle and the sound of the drill, and the burning smell.
Do you know they have painless dentistry nowadays? I think they use lasers instead of drills. And you don't even need painkillers to numb the pain of the drill. Did you know the pain of the drill is caused because the drill is going so fast, it's heating up the tooth and causing it to get really hot and that is what hurts the root?
May is going to be a big month for me. A lady is coming from California to finally help us get our electronic accounting going at work. I am excited and yet stressed out. I wouldn't mind if you said a little prayer for me that I can get through this month.
Here's to Kava Kava. I may need to start taking it on a daily basis.
Until next time.
Monday, May 04, 2009
I Cancelled My Dentist Appointment Again
Labels: Just Stuff
Posted by RawMilkStar at 4:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Already praying. Please don't be so hard on yourself regarding taking the supplements, it was a longshot, healing the tooth, though I was praying it worked out for you.
Pat
Post a Comment