My garden has been producing like gangbusters. I have been very pleased with my harvests this summer.
Sunday May 31, 2009

Sunday June 7, 2009
June 7, 2009This was my first watermelon harvested. Not so sweet, but juicy and crispy, just how I like watermelon. Dh was disappointed when he first saw the insides because he thought it wasn't ripe. But then I told him it is supposed to be yellow, it's Yellow Pony!
Monday June 8, 2009I picked the huge tomato today. I thought it was Pruden's Purple when I showed it on my blog first, and it was so colorful I thought it to be Big Rainbow, but now that I read the descriptions of the two again, I think it might be Pruden's Purple.
Friday June 12, 2009My biggest tomato yield this year. Lots of tomatoes! I got ds1 out into the garden with me to help pick them all! The tiny scalloped squash were not pollinated, but can still be eaten as baby squash.
Friday June 12, 2009One of my tall and beautiful Black Russian sunflowers.
Saturday June 13, 2009Probably my last harvest of Swiss Chard. I've rigged up a shaded area for the remaining Swiss Chard plants that did not go to seed. I am hoping to keep them alive over the summer. In this bunch you can see one of my Manyel tomatoes. Here is the description from Pinetree Seeds: "HEIRLOOM Indeterminate. Possibly Native American. This is a true, bright yellow tomato, there are no reddish tones at all. The flavor is great, zingy, citrus-like. A very heavy yielder, Manyel produces slightly oblate, blemish free fruit throughout the summer. Fruit grow in clusters of 3 to 5 and run from 10 ounces to a pound. You begin to get fruit in the early-midseason."
Friday June 19, 2009
I'm trying to work up my energy to plant seeds again as it is almost time to plant something, I just can't remember off the top of my head exactly what. My tomato plants are doing really well, and I hope they thrive until fall when they should begin flowering and producing again. Some of the tomato plants haven't produced even one tomato, so I hope to see them produce in the fall.
Until next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment