It's that time of the year again. Time for cool weather gardening. I have been feeling discouraged about my garden... some type of rodent has been chewing things down right at the base of the plant. Not that there is much left in the garden currently. The ants are skeletonizing the okra to death. The entire garden is fenced in top and sides, with chicken wire. It keeps the birds out, and it USED to keep the ground squirrels, ground chipmunks, cottontails and jackrabbits out, too. But now one has dug its way into the garden, and is wreaking havoc.
Also, my soaker hose isn't working well at all. I talked with a lady at an herb association who suggested I try using a product called "laser line". So I bought some of that, when I could finally find it... and installed that into one bed of my garden today. I also planted a whole bunch of squash. Recommended dates for fall planting of squash is 8-15 to 8-31. I'm a few days late, but it's been unseasonably hot, so maybe it will be okay. I also planted bush green beans, which should have been planted by 8-31. And some broccoli, and lettuce.
Monday, September 05, 2005
Fall Gardening
Labels: Gardening
Posted by RawMilkStar at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment