I'm still having my smoothies. I found this way cool stainless steel thermos. Normally $19.99, but on clearance for $4.50! Stainless steel inside and out. Awesome! Holds 24 ounces. So I've been bringing my smoothie to work with me in that. I was drinking the whole thing in the morning, but then I realized that what works better for me is to take a few sips once it is prepared (have to make sure it tastes yummy!) and then I drink a few sips as I feel hungry. Then it lasts me for about six hours, with no light-headedness whatsoever.
I have changed the ingredients slightly. I'm now up to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil for one thing. My kefir was turning out too sour, and I was starting to detest my smoothie, and then a friend talked to me about enjoying my food (which I do know that, but had forgotten in my quest to eat healthy) and so I started adding in some milk with the kefir. I was up to 1.5 cups of kefir a day, but now I'm using 1 cup kefir and 1/2 raw goat's milk, 2-3 raw egg yolks, 1 tsp. vanilla, some type of fruit. I was using blueberries (bought fresh on sale, then put into the freezer) and that was okay, but two days ago I started adding in 3-5 frozen strawberries. Oh boy, what a delicious treat my smoothie has become!
Also, I try to take my supplements in the morning, with my daily dose of cod liver oil. It makes a HUGE difference in my eating for the day. I have no cravings for candy bars, fast food, donuts, cookies, etc. I see them and am easily able to avoid eating them. Compared to days when I don't start out on the right nutritional foot. And believe me, there are still those days.
Monday, September 12, 2005
Smoothie Update
Labels: Nourishing Traditions
Posted by RawMilkStar at 6:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment