Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

Wal-mart has flag material in the $1/yard area. We bought 10 flags for $10. I needed to hem the cut side, and kept putting it off, anticipating having to haul out the iron to press a tiny hem, instead of trying to sew it as I went along. When I finally got the nerve up to work on one of the flags I decided to see if my sewing machine had anything special for hemming. Wow. Yes. It has a foot included especially for hemming. It sewed the tiniest hem. Very cool.




It was a peaceful weekend. I had a chance to catch up on a few things. It was much easier getting things done in three days, than trying to cram everything into one day. We had grilled cheeseburgers and hot dogs for dinner, courtesy of ds2. And we only have three days to work this week. Nice.

Until next time.

No comments: