Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sleep Mask


Kind of looks like a bikini top, eh? It's not, it's a sleep mask I made for myself. See, dh loves to sleep with the television on. Sometimes he'll mute the thing, but the light still flickers. I used to have a remote control on my side of the bed but someone removed the batteries and I've never gotten it set up again to turn the television off. So usually I have to get up, walk around the bed and turn the thing off. I bought the material several weeks ago, and over the weekend I finally had the opportunity to spend some time with my wonderful sewing machine (which I have never blogged about, but hope to someday soon). I found a pattern on the Internet, but I modified it and made it bigger and wider. I bought one foot worth of this cute kitty material, and one foot of dark blue flannel, which is the inside panel. I measured the material for the strap, but forgot to include more material so that it would bunch slightly, so the elastic could be stretched. But it fits my head perfectly.
I had a chance to try it a couple nights in a row. It works pretty good to keep out the flickering lights!

Until next time.

2 comments:

bfmomma said...

cute!

I could never stand to sleep with the TV on. I had to shut down the computer every night when it was in the bedroom and cover the modem..

Anonymous said...

You are so ingenious! You think of the most wonderful things and then put your thoughts to action.

I want to learn to do that !!
Hugs
Cassie