Another auto maintenance post, of little to no interest to anyone but moi.
Today I made an unwise decision. Okay, I did something stupid. I paid an entirely ridiculously expensive amount to get four tires rotated and spin balanced. When I got the two new front tires a week or two ago, I asked my tire guy to move the two from the front onto the back. Instead he put on two new tires and tossed those into the back. He was supposed to put those newish tires onto the back and throw the old ones in the back. But that didn't get done and I forgot to check before I left.
It's been on my mental "to do" list, and I wanted to get it off. There is another tire place we go to regularly, out near where we live, but they sometimes do things for free, like repair a tire with a slow leak, or rotate our tires, and besides I was pulling the trailer so we could get hay later. I didn't buy my tires from them, so I feel guilty about them doing things for free to get my business when I can't do business with them since they are inconvenient unless we happen to need tires/repair on the weekend. Usually I have a problem during the week, so it's easier to go to the tire guy near my job. And if I pulled in their place with the trailer, I wouldn't be able to get out without having to back up and I am not that good at backing up a trailer. I CAN do it, but I get nervous, especially when people are watching and waiting. Actually, I would have had to back up next door into a Sonic restaurant and around and around to their exit. So it would have been difficult if not downright impossible to get in and out of there with a trailer.
I went to one place first, but I decided against it because what I needed to have done would be a bit complicated, so communication would be necessary and it seemed this place might not have English speaking persons available. I ended up going to a different place. They charged me $15 PER TIRE, so $60 total. Agh.
What I needed them to do was to move the 6 month old passenger side tire onto my vehicle's back rim on the passenger side. Move the 6 month old driver's side tire onto my vehicle's back rim on the driver's side. Take the older tires and change them onto the two rims that had old blown tires for the trailer on them. I had to make sure I got the right tires on the back, in the right direction. Something about tires coming apart if you run them backwards to how they've always been run. Or something like that.
Boring, boring, boring.
The oil change was done last weekend (6-10-07) at 214,613 miles. The previous oil change was done on 4-15-07. So not even 8 weeks and we put on 5,364 miles. Crazy, huh?
Now, I could either begin a new and interesting post, or I could knit. I think I'm going to knit. I ordered the most adorable buttons for the sweater. The baby's initials are LAMB, so can you guess what the buttons are shaped like? I'm several inches into the hood. Dh had a class to attend today, so I had about three hours to run errands and I managed to get some knitting in while waiting for the tires to be rotated and spin balanced, and I sat in a mexican food restaurant for about half an hour and got some knitting done there.
OH. I found another Samsonite overnight case for $3 and a circular knitting needle for $1.00. I really like the Samsonite case for my knitting/crocheting supplies and I am going to use this new one for sewing supplies as my sewing cabinet drawers are getting might full. I also found an old Kirby vacuum cleaner at a yard sale for $3. I haven't had a chance to see if it actually works. The girl running the yard sale said it did and she said if I wanted it, I could just take it. But I didn't want to do that, and I made her take the $3 she was asking for. I hope it works at least.
Speaking of things not working, my washing machine is agitating, but it won't remove the water or spin. Dh is going to look at it tomorrow. I sure hope he can fix it. Ds2 and I are planning to go to church. We haven't decided whether we'll give the Father's Day presents before or after church.
Until next time.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Tire Rotation
Labels: auto maintenance
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment