I like to announce when I get to a 100 mark on my post. I noticed that I was nearly at 400, but when I got to 400 I forgot to announce it, so I'll announce my 402nd post. Close enough.
I worked on the veil again tonight. I took more than a week off, mainly due to my Grandma being placed in hospice last Sunday. I spent an hour sewing 20 three-bead pearl clusters onto the bottom tier. I am thinking about sewing 1 pearl sporadically all over the top tier. And I also bought Swarovski crystals from Joann's today. They are normally $2.49 for 10 crystals, but on sale for 25% off, which brought the cost down to $1.86 for the pack of 10. These are also for the veil. I was chagrined to discover another section of beads coming apart due to my ineffective knot tying. I guess I am going to have to break down and buy some fabric glue or something to glue every single end. I can't be wasting time resewing the beads on the edging because the nylon thread is untying itself. I'm starting to understand why people use GLUE instead of spending the time sewing the beads in place. I just like the idea of sewing. It seems like the RIGHT way to do things. I guess the right way for me also means the OTHER way is the lazy way. I should get that out of my head. Maybe fabric glue is just as good if not better, than sewing. It sure seems like it would take less time, and wouldn't keep coming unknotted!
I bought a newspaper today to get the Michael's 50% off coupon. I bought the pre-lit wedding arch for $15.00 plus tax. I was pretty excited about that!
I enjoyed crocheting so much the other day that when I was digging through my stash I came across a baby blanket I'd started but had never finished. So I started working on that again, put a few rows on yesterday and today.
I really want to be a good knitter, and I will continue to work at it. I know the more I knit, the better I will become. However, unless I'm doing straight knit or purl, it continues to be quite confusing to me. And therefore not as relaxing as I'd like it to be. Takes too much brain power, depending on what I'm trying to do. So for now, in my spare time, I'll see how far I can get on this baby blanket.
I'm pretty worn out. Good night.
Until next time.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
402nd Post
Labels: crocheting, Wedding
Posted by RawMilkStar at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment