One day last week, I think it must have been Wednesday, my boss came to me and told me she needed to speak with me. She pulled a piece of paper from her pocket and showed me the list. The shopping list for the reception luncheon. I had talked with her about what I wanted to have, basically meat, cheese and veggie trays. So the list contained those items. But the surprise to me is she is going to buy all the food on sale. She grocery shops every Thursday afternoon after she gets off work. I will reimburse her, but she is going to get everything at sale price and she's going to do all the legwork. This is a huge task. I was planning to just go to Costco and buy there, all at once.
She also had a list of paper goods that will be needed, and she asked if we had our "special glasses" yet. I had a look at Joann's and Michael's and they seemed to be running around $15. I was thinking I could use a 40% off coupon and get them a bit cheaper, then I remembered I am a cheapskate. ;-) I bought some little white bows with a pearl which cost $0.99 for a little packet of ten, and I already had the white ribbon. I found two champagne glasses at a thrift store for fifty cents each. I soaked the glasses in water and vinegar, cleaned them with dish soap, dried them with paper towels. Then I glued the bows to the ribbon, let them dry and tied the ribbon to the stem. I think they will work just fine. Cost: $2.00.

I also finally found the rose petal leaves that I bought from Michael's, so now I can get on with making the boutonnière's. I'm starting to panic because there is only two weekends left to do wedding stuff. I don't have much time during the weekdays.
Until next time.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Our Special Glasses
Labels: Wedding
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aw, how sweet! I love them.
Post a Comment