Friday, November 30, 2007

103 Dead and Counting

I went on a killing rampage this morning. The instrument of death:

Yes, it's that time of year again. The farmer across the road a field full of rotting melons and now we're sharing our daily life with millions of flies. Everywhere you go, everywhere you turn. In the house, on the porch, in the milking parlor, in the vehicles. Here they are on the porch:
And what self-respecting fly wouldn't be thrilled to call a garbage can his or her own?

I've blogged about the flies before:

The flies, the flies!!! June 27, 2006
The Flies Part II July 12, 2006
Hoof Trims in the Summer with a Side of Flies June 9, 2007

The 103 confirmed dead were in the kitchen. When I walked through the living room back into the kitchen, another 700 were in the kitchen, awaiting the smackdown of their lives.

Rain makes it worse. We're expecting three inches of rain.

Until next time.

No comments: