Last night I turned my computer off and closed all the browser windows, totally forgetting I had started a post. So this morning I just put "To be continued..." and now here I am with the rest of my thoughts.
My new heels are Aerosoles and they are actually comfortable!
Well, except for they rub on the back of my heels, but that is easily remedied with a band aid. I almost never wear heels because they hurt my feet, so the fact that I am wearing these shoes all day long should stay a lot for the brand. It would be fun to try on some other styles of Aerosoles to see if they are as comfortable. I wonder how these would fit: Gene Land.
I also got myself two new suit-type outfits, $29.99 each, two pairs of slacks and two dressy shirts, and a blue dress for $14.99. I'm learning to put my hair up into a French twist, so I've wearing my hair this way all week. It looks very elegant. It also helps me to feel better -- in a way I guess it's proving to myself psychologically that I'm not just a slave or lower class citizen here at work. It also serves as a psychological statement to everyone else that I'm not a slave. I am elegant. I deserve to be treated with respect. And last but not least, you know how it freaks people out when you dress nicer than you normally do. They think you're looking for a new job.
I'm beginning my wish list for my next job. I almost didn't come in to work today. I woke up depressed and was crying about the whole stupid situation. But I'm here. Tired. Trying to figure out how to stop feeling hurt over what happened, and my office happens to be right between the two unfeeling persons who planned the event.
One other person talked to our CEO and got the same answer. Astonishment that ANY OF US would think we would be invited. I feel so disrespected.
Until next time.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Very Bad Day Continued
Labels: work
Posted by RawMilkStar at 6:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment