
I cannot believe I haven't blogged about this long time favorite: Carrot Spice Muffins. I had a better photo, taken when they were fresh out of the oven, but between my camera cards and Kev's, we can't seem to locate the photo, so this is the one I took while we were at camp.
When we went to camp a couple of weeks ago, I got up early so I could make a batch of these goodies to share.
I've been making them since my sister Dee Elle discovered them many years ago when our children were very young. She went on a muffin making spree and I think she tried every muffin recipe in the cookbook. The recipe comes from the La Leche League International Cookbook Whole Foods for the Whole Family. My version was published in 1981 with ISBN 0-912500-09-3.
Carrot Spice Muffins
- 1-1/2 c. whole wheat flour (I ground the summer wheat berries that morning, which dh recently acquired, so the flour would be full of nutrition)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg (freshly ground with microplane)
- 1/8 t. ground ginger (I actually couldn't find ground ginger, so I omitted this item)
- 1/8 t. allspice
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/2 c. yogurt (luckily I had fresh-made yogurt from our goat's milk on hand)
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/2 t. vanilla (I make my own vanilla)
- 1-1/2 c. grated carrots
- 1/2 c. raisins (I bought golden raisins because I like those in these muffins over the dark raisins)
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
Until next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment