I have been up since around midnight, unable to sleep. I managed to figure out why I've been even more exhausted than usual this weekend. On Friday I was up around my normal time of 5am, but after milking I just couldn't seem to get myself moving at all and went back to bed for a nap at 8am. I slept right through a conference call I was supposed to attend at work!! I got up around 11am, but still felt exhausted.
Saturday morning was the same. Up at 4:30 but back in bed by 7:30, too tired to stay up. I was in and out of bed all day long.
Around midnight when I woke up, I remembered for some unknown reason, reading ds1's asthma medication paperwork a while back which had some warning about stopping your medication abruptly and something to do with adrenal fatigue. I already have adrenal fatigue, but the exhaustion was even worse on Friday and Saturday. I was thinking it was extra bad due due to the extra stressful week at work. But then I started doing some research online about stopping asthma medication causing exhaustion.
See, every once in a while my breathing gets real good to the point where if I forget to take my medication I can breathe okay, then I just keep forgetting to take my medication. So I guess it's been two or three or four days since I used my Asmanex. What happens is when you have low adrenal function this means you are low in cortisol. Cortisol is what gives your body energy and also is an anti-inflammatory hormone. This is why people with asthma respond so well to corticosteroids. Corticosteroids mimic cortisol. So I think this has been why I've been so exhausted. I stopped taking my medication.
I hate having to be on medication regularly. I would love to be able to stop taking it forever. I guess if I could figure out how to heal my adrenals and get my body to produce its own cortisol I might be able to go off the medication once and for all.
I did a google search for healing adrenals naturally and arizona and found a doctor that I hope I can work up my nerve and energy to call for an appointment. She is a naturopath.
I have now been up for four hours in the middle of the night, and accomplished exactly nothing.
I did catch up on my Pioneer Woman reading and was reading an old post of hers about Jadite.
In the comments people kept referring to this one small bowl as a "monkey dish". The discount place I went to in Mesa had lots of restaurant ware and I found my awesome star bowl there, which is my favorite dish to eat from now. I also saw some of what I now believe to be monkey dishes. I want some. I made some asparagus soup on Saturday from the asparagus stock I made on Friday. I took all the asparagus stems I've been saving for months and boiled them for several hours on Friday. Then on Saturday I put them into the blender and blended them, them put them through a food mill. (And I thought I've done nothing all weekend). Then on Saturday I cooked chopped onions in butter, then added flour to thicken and finally the asparagus stock. Only we don't have any little bowls to put small portions of soup.
Next time I go there I will pick up some monkey dishes.
I also discovered you can make paper from asparagus stems so I saved the fiber. It's frozen right now because I'm not sure what to do with it.
I'm not asleep, and I'm not tired, this is just a very jumbled post. I think I am going to inhale some of my medication, take a shower and see about going back to bed for a few hours. After all I do have to be up at 6am to milk before the flies get too thick.
Until next time.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Monkey Dishes
Labels: Just Stuff
Posted by RawMilkStar at 4:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You sure are blogging a lot more!
That's an accomplishment. It was like everything died here...
Post a Comment