
So I finally finished my first sock on Thursday night. It's definitely not knit correctly, but it is in the shape of a sock, so it's a sock!! I am going to try making my next sock using the directions from Simple Socks but cuff down, instead of toe up. See how the part of the sock opposite the heel is so wide? And the toe was finished wrong, too. But, it's my first try, and at least it turned out. Part of the problem is I really wanted to use five needles, instead of four, but the pattern only calls for four needles. It's supposed to be easier using five needles. Less tension on the material.
I had better get out to milk! I just placed an order for more supplies. I am readying our kidding/birthing kit as we have our first doe due in three weeks! I am determined to have it ready two weeks ahead of time as advised instead of running around the week before trying to make sure everything is ready.
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Finished One Sock
Posted by RawMilkStar at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment