Oh boy, cleaning the shed without using a dust mask was STUPID of me. I am better today, but still feeling not quite myself. Mostly tired and a bit groggy, but don't want to spend the day in bed because I have to get up early tomorrow, which means I have to be able to get to sleep by a decent time tonight! I've been taking a homeopathic medicine for allergies, which seems to be helping quite a bit. My nose is no longer clogged and the sinus pressure and headache has abated.
I am brewing a new batch of organic black tea for my kombucha. My brew is done and still tastes slightly sweet. Just the tiniest bit. It took six weeks to finish.
I am also trying Pineapple Vinegar from Nourishing Traditions. Then I can make Latin American sauerkraut the authentic way, using the pineapple vinegar.
Yesterday, we found a bale of hay on the side of the freeway, in the city! Immediately I felt a strong feeling that God was saying, "Stop your fussing, I'm going to take care of you." It was so exciting, and my dh and laughed and felt so blessed.
We talked to a lady who knows horses and she said it was probably better to not get the two horses, even if they were free. She said if we had pasture, that would have been one thing. She said they would probably have needed some veterinary work because of their ages. So I guess it's a good thing. The lady with the horses never did email me back.
Our youngest (16yo) cooked a gourmet meal for our dinner last night. Cheese Souffle, Curried Chicken and Spaetzle Noodles, Green Beans Amandine, 8 grain sprouted whole wheat bread (wheat berries sprouted a few days ago! I've never even sprouted wheat berries!) and individual Pineapple Upside-Down cakes. It was a divine meal.
Our newest milker gave us her record amount yesterday. 2.5 pounds. That is the most she has given in one day. We milked at 6am and 6pm. Usually we milk around 8am and 4pm.
So other than that I'm just having a relaxing day, trying to recuperate from the dust!
Monday, February 20, 2006
Still Paying the Price
Labels: goats, Nourishing Traditions, PTL
Posted by RawMilkStar at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment