
For many nights I tried to knit a sock from the toe up using the directions in Simple Socks, Plain and Fancy by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts. Remember this is my very first attempt at something other than making knit stitch only scarves...
Last night, I gave up and decided to try my other book Learn to Knit Socks by Edie Eckman.
I guess I could have tried making a sock from the cuff down from _Simple Socks_ but by that time I was feeling like this book obviously isn't taking someone really new to knitting into consideration. I really needed more information, more step by step information. Like the yarnover. I must have tried six dozen times to do a yarnover and am still not sure I figured it out. I even ordered The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated by Barbara Breiter & Gail Diven, in my frustration.
I started on a more advanced sock - DUH (when will I learn?) - and realized I didn't know what those stitches meant either so backed up to the "BASIC" sock. More my speed. I actually got the cuff completed, and the HEEL TURNED. Yay!! I will continue working on it today.
Monday, February 13, 2006
Knitting Socks II
Labels: knitting
Posted by RawMilkStar at 7:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment