I finally got a chance to spend some time with my computer. I
removed the modem from my old computer, installed it into this
one and crossed my fingers. While I was in there, I noticed the
huge buildup of dust and *hair* lining the CPU fan. I haven't
been able to bring myself to buy canned air, it is so EXPENSIVE.
I noticed that Costco has a four pack for under $12, guess I need
to invest in that. I used the vacuum cleaner to get as much dust
and hair as I could.
I thought I'd try installed the CD burner at the same time... I
got everything hooked up swearing that one day I'll have a desk
setup so it's simple to get to the back of the computer... and
turned it on. I got an error message about the CD burner. I
forgot to set it as slave. So I unplugged everything, got that
reset and hooked it all back up again. Same message. Unhooked
it and went with that. I still haven't backed up my 2005 photos!
The computer recognized the "new hardware" - the modem. I
plugged in the phone cord, but I can't see that far and that tiny
print, to figure out the correct plug, so tried the first plug,
then the second plug. No dial tone on both tries. ARGH!! Went
to ds2's room and knocked rapidly. "Come in," he said. I
couldn't spit the words out, so said, "I installed a different
modem." He told me he'd just gone off the Internet with his
computer, so I could try again.
I'm back!!! I'm connected at 26,400bps, which is faster than the
other computer connected me at (19,200bps). I'm currently
downloading 868 messages. I also have to figure out why the
printer isn't recognized by the computer when I try to print.
We have gotten rain for three days in a row. The earth is
finally saturated, there were actually a few puddles in the yard.
Dh noticed there are MILLIONS of maggots in the cow pen, so he's
out there shoveling right now. I'm going to get something to eat
quickly and go out and help him. If we don't do something about
that, we will have MILLIONS of flies again, this time I won't be
able to blame it on the rotting cantaloupe fields.
I got a batch of sauerkraut started today.
I'm reading a book that explains why we have trials... it helps
to understand why life is so difficult at times... I will most
likely share here eventually.
Until next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment