AGH! I am posting from my son's new laptop, which has to be returned. It has the wrong video card for one thing, and keeps freezing up and rebooting itself, and we keep getting the blue screen of death. I tried to email a post on Wednesday evening, but the laptop froze up on me.
On Wednesday morning, the electricity went out and at one point our home was struck by lightning which actually went through the phone cord and a spark flew out. I had to leave for work before the power came back on, so I could not test my computer for damage. Later in the day, ds2 turned it on and it appeared to be okay. But it does not recognize its modem. Also, the printer won't print anything.
I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot, but hope to do that tomorrow.
Not sure when "the next time" will be...

1 comment:
oh, no! I'd be dying w/o internet access... Did you have a surge protector on it? I live in fear that our surge protectors aren't good enough.
but a laptop... that's pretty cool :)
Post a Comment