My glasses were ready on Friday afternoon, and I was going to wait until I went to work to pick them up. But I had the opportunity to go into town today, so I have them now.
In the image to the left, here is a picture of my old glasses, the fogging that I've been dealing with. This picture actually portrays the fog fairly well, but of course nothing can compare with wearing the dang things.
Okay, here's the new ones, complete with magnetic clip-on sunglasses. And, did you happen to notice my text is wrapping to the side of my photos? Yes, I wondered if I snagged the html coding that Blogger put in for previous photos, could I tweak it to work for my current photos?
I'm happy that worked. I like to be able to write to the side of the posts. I do wonder though... if these photos are too wide. I had previously suggested on my blog about using ImageShack that 4" wide photos were best. But then I decided 5" wide photos worked just as well. [Correction: After posting this entry, the 5" wide photos were MUCH too wide. There was only a one inch space to the right side for the text. So I resized the photos to be 4" wide. Hopefully this will work better.]
Now on to commentary about my glasses. It is the first time I've worn progressive lenses. I am told it may take one to two weeks to get used to them. The optical technician told me the rule of thumb is to point your nose toward whatever it is you are looking at, and then you should be able to see clearly.
It is GREAT to be able to see clearly now! The fog was driving me nuts! But it is a bit annoying as it seems like I can only see clearly exactly whatever is in line with my nose. For example, if I'm looking directly at the television, and if I move my eyes (keeping my head still) a foot to the left or right, it's blurry. I have to actually move my head -- point my nose -- in that direction to see clearly. If I want to see something on the floor, then I must tilt my head parallel to the floor to see clearly, otherwise I'm looking through the up close reading prescription and it's very blurry. It is going to take some time getting used to all this head movement.
We brought LJ with us today. He has been wanting to go on a ride in the car. We brought him with us into an automotive store. I had asked previously if he could come into the store and they gave me permission. So today I just brought him in and it was okay. I was working with him on sitting and staying. He was pulling really hard on the leash all day long. I kept stopping him and making him sit, and then we would start again. He just kept pulling and tugging.
Finally, I took the collar and put it up around the top part of his neck, like Cesar says to do. WOW oh WOW, what a difference! He could no longer PULL!! Pitbulls compete in pulling heavy carts, so it is natural for him to want to tug and pull. I realized he is using his shoulders against his collar to pull. But if the leash is up around his neck, he cannot get any leverage, and therefore cannot pull. It's like magic!!
I noticed while standing there waiting in line, that people seemed to be making a point to avoid LJ. The employee commented to me that these were great dogs, and had owned one for 16 years. A patron waiting in line behind us greeted LJ and reached out to pet him, and said these dogs were so misunderstood. LJ went to him happily, but then came back beside me and laid down. We chatted a bit about pitbulls, and I commented that I had heard that some place, I thought Denver, Colorado had created a ban and enforced it to the extent of going into people's home and removing their dogs and euthanizing thousands of dogs. He said he had moved out to our area and bought a home because he was unable to find an apartment in town that would allow him to keep his Chow-German Shepherd mix dog.
Until next time.
Categories: puppy, geek-stuff, ponderings

No comments:
Post a Comment