Wednesday, November 08, 2006

200th Post

Too bad it's not something more exciting... I am not even going to blog about yesterday evening. I'm actually a bit worried about myself. Ever since the head cold, my breathing has not been right and I've had to use my inhaler much more often than I have for at least a year. I was using it maybe 5-15 times a month, and now suddenly I'm up to 4-5 times daily. It has been very dusty and the air quality has been poor in the city where I work.

Tonight my breathing got much much worse and I felt I needed to use Albuterol barely 1.5 hours after the last dose.

I decided I would start back on Flovent. I just saw my allergy/asthma specialist not two weeks ago and he was surprised that I had done so well during the head cold. He said most people end up having to take prednisone. I only had to start using the Albuterol again. So... he did tell me if I had to start using the Albuterol more than four times a day regularly, that I should go back on the Flovent.

I also dug out my Fenugreek, took some of that, and I have a homeopathic remedy for Asthma which says to take every half hour during the acute phase.

I have been to the emergency room with an asthma attack just a few weeks after I was diagnosed with asthma. They don't find it important at all. I sat wheezing and gasping for 8 hours. They finally put me into a room, gave me a breathing treatment and a shot of prednisone. I'm not going through that again. The physician who saw me said I could use the Albuterol as often as every two hours. I did not know that.

So I don't feel like being at the computer, and have rambled on much longer than I thought I would. I am going to take more of the homeopathic remedy and if I'm still having trouble breathing by 8:30pm I'm going to use my son's breathing machine to get a really good dose. He is prescribed a more pure form of Albuterol, too, so it might help more than mine.

Gasp. I'm actually feeling much less stressed about my breathing.

Maybe I'll take a nice hot bath...

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That asthma advice doesn't match what I've been told. If you're having to use your albuterol inhaler at all, it means that you're already having asthma symptoms. The goal of asthma treatment should be to avoid that, because repeated exacerbations can lead to bigger problems - a loss of lung elasticity, COPD, and more. From what I've heard, even usng the albuterol 5-15 times a month - about once every 3 days - would be a sign that your asthma isn't controlled.

Just want you to be healthy!

RawMilkStar said...

Thanks, Dar. I actually did decide to go back on the Flovent. Sorry it took me forever to post your comment! I changed my email address and then I never got notification there was a comment and DUH I didn't realize all I had to do was go to "moderate comments" to find all the comments that people had left me!!