Ds2 found a praying mantis on the grapefruit tree today! He exclaimed to me, "Mama! I found a praying mantis!" :-) It was a beautiful green praying mantis. I have always loved praying mantis. When I was a child, my mom once had a "pet" praying mantis. We lived in a rental place and the owner would have a bug spraying service come by regularly to spray the property. My mom forgot about it and was crying and so sad that her praying mantis was probably killed. But then we found it and it was okay. It lived in some of the plants near our front porch.
I moved the praying mantis from the grapefruit tree to my garden. I love having beneficial insects in my garden. I had some ladybugs in there the other day? I think birds are eating my lettuce, but I have not had a chance to take care of that.
Until next time.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Praying Mantis
Labels: Gardening, Memory Lane
Posted by RawMilkStar at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
very cool! i didn't even know they lived around here, but one of T's friends (close neighbor) found one and kept it for a few weeks!
Post a Comment