Sunday, February 04, 2007

Room Makeover

Yesterday ds2 and I tackled ds1's room. Dh and I removed the carpet several months ago, and we never got it replaced as planned. Yesterday, I couldn't take it another minute. I made up my mind I was getting flooring down for him one way or another. Initially I was thinking linoleum since carpet can so easily be dirtied, but since the subfloor was now dirty and stained, it wasn't going to be easy or cheap. I considered buying sheets of particle board and laying a new subfloor, but that would take more time and money. Then laying the linoleum tiles one at a time. I started thinking carpet, even without padding underneath would be better than just subflooring. Anyway, ds2 got that laid. It cost $75.00 from Home Depot. Not bad! I also bought ds1 a new set of bedding, and a new rat cage.

He always gets mad at whoever tries to clean his room - because he thinks he does an appropriate job. But he does not, so we have to help him stay on top of it. In the past few weeks I'd fallen short on that responsibility, so things had gotten a bit out of hand in his room.

But now it's all pretty and nice. He was very thrilled at his nice new room. His room is getting added to the FlyLady routine.

Until next time.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

argh! blogger wouldn't let me post last night and I wanted to reply here to this and your CS post...

His room looks FABULOUS! Absolutely fabulous! I think you're working SO hard and I hope you continue to enjoy the things you're doing. I'm glad DS was happy with his "new" room, too.

Keep the pictures coming. I'm enjoying them!