Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Forgot The Camera

My company allows me to use its camera for personal use and I always bring it home with me, unless I happen to forget. Which I did last night. I remember looking at it and I could have sworn I picked it up and brought it with me. But it was not in my purse when I got home and it was on my desk when I got to work.

ANYHOO... all that to say I had hoped last night to take a picture of the yarn I found over the weekend so I could post about it this morning. But then I didn't have the camera. We own a camera of our own, but this one is way better AND it takes the honking huge SmartMedia card we got for it. I think we paid $10 after rebates from TigerDirect.com. It's an ULTRA SECURE DIGITAL CARD 2GB 60X. So now I can take something like 1500 pictures on this card and I don't know how long of a video. I impulsively made a bid on a similar camera on eBay. See... I know the battery insertion directions on this camera are confusing and people here at my job often put them in the wrong way. So I found this camera with four days left to go on the bidding and decided to place a bid! Anyway, the auction says the camera won't turn on, and I bet it's because the batteries were put in backwards. I could be wrong, I might be wrong and hopefully if I am, someone will outbid me in the next four days. Otherwise I'm taking my chances - I won't bid any higher than I have already.

Regarding My Birthday Wishlist... I found this really awesome little tool on Amazon, which I would love to impulsively buy. I have always had an interest in how much electricity is used by household appliances and for many years I was proud of myself for my low electricity bills. For years and years I paid less than $100/month. Then we moved and most of our family members put on weight and now we run the air conditioning a lot. Anyway, this item is called P3 International Kill-a-Watt Electricity Usage Monitor and you plug your appliance into it - blender, television, computer monitor, whatever sparks your curiosity, and you can find out how much electricity the item uses. We have three old refrigerators and one old freezer and they were given to us free - hand me downs from family members - and everyone says new ones use less electricity. Now if I had one of these neat little tools I could see how much electricity they really use.

I did look at the bags of yarn. One had Ungar "Made In France" "Fluffy" Acrylic Yarn, a dark turquoise-green color. The Lion Chenille is not the "Thick and Quick" but the smaller skeins with the skinny yarn. I said yesterday it was $1.99 but it actually cost me $2.99 and there are seven rolls.

Well, it's almost 7. I'd better stop for now. I wanted to talk about my Lutterloh Pattern Making book which I found several years ago for $0.75 at a thrift store. It sells for $50 and up on eBay every time I search for it. But I'm keeping this one! Apparently this book is still updated, so I'm looking into maybe updating mine if I can ever get the PDF order form to open...

Until next time.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

I don't know if they still do, but when I was a kid, my parents borrowed one of those Kill-o-watt things from the electric company for free!

Looking forward to the yarn pics!