Okay, here is the yarn I found last weekend:
First bag: $0.99. Yellow tags 50% off. Five balls of *something*, in a dark rose color. I'm not sure what material, I haven't had a chance to figure it out yet. Probably acrylic? Yarn Harlot tells how to figure out what type of material in her book Knitting Rules : The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks. From memory, acrylic burns, but wool doesn't. One ball of light pink acrylic, and one ball of Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim 75% cotton, 25% acrylic in light pink. The Aunt Lydia's retails for $4.99 at JoAnn's.
Second bag: $2.99. Six balls of "Made in France" Ungar Fluffy. 100% Acrylic. 1 3/4 ounce, 156 yards per ball.
Third bag: $3.99. 1 skein Bernat So Soft in a cream color. One skein Red Heart Super Saver Navy Blue. And two skeins of Red Heart Baby white sport.
Fourth bag: $2.99. 7 skeins of Lion Chenille. 100% acrylic. Brown. 1.4 ounces and 87 yards per skein. I believe this is a discontinued item of Lion Brand's.
Today I found a really cool, old, nearly antique iron. $10 from a yard sale. It's heavy, by Sunbeam and pink. I can't wait to try it out. But now it's bedtime.
Until next time.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Yarn Stash Post - April 2007
Labels: Bargain Hunting, stash
Posted by RawMilkStar at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
cool!
The Lion Chenille is not discontinued--just new packaging:
http://cache.lionbrand.com//yarns/ch-thick.html
make sure you post pics of everything you create from it!
p.s. if you go to that link and scroll down, they have all sorts of patterns specifically for it--even crochet ones ;)
Post a Comment