My birthday was yesterday, but we got our beef back and after ds2 and I went through the 15 boxes worth of beef, inventorying it all we were too burned out to think of making an elaborate dinner. We decided to wait until today to do my birthday dinner.
I had filet mignon, a baked potato with butter and sour cream, fresh steamed corn on the cob, salad, sauteed mushrooms and onions. For dessert we had a German Chocolate cake which ds2 made and dh made me a peach pie. Hubby and I went peach picking yesterday after we picked up the beef. On the way home we went past the local peach farm. They lost 80% of their crop due to the severe frost we had last winter, but they had some peaches available for U-Pick. $2.00 pound. They were very juicy, but not very sweet.
I've never bought filet mignon from the store, but when we got our last beef we ordered t-bones and porterhouse steaks and I found out if you do that, then you don't get filet mignon and new york strip steaks. So we had one beef done one way t-bones and porterhouses and the other one filet mignon and new york strip. I also found out that filet mignon is that tender piece on the t-bone and porterhouse steak. I probably won't ask for filet mignon again. It is delicious, but so little of it. No wonder it's so expensive.
Until next time.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Happy 44th Birthday!
Posted by RawMilkStar at 10:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your dinner and beef sounds delicious! I am so glad things are going so well.
I know we are both busy, but I miss our conversations, at least I can peek at your blog and see what you are up to.
Hugs
Cassie
Post a Comment