Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nostalgic Popcorn Maker

Ds1 likes popcorn quite a bit, so we considered getting this nostalgic popcorn maker at Christmas. It was marked down to $50 from $100. We decided against it, because we know air poppers can be had from the thrift store for under five bucks.

But when our local grocery store went down even further - to $25, we decided to get it for him. Only he doesn't really like it.





I think it's a great novelty item, I really do like it. I thought it would be something fun to have when we invite guests over for dinner. Which we never do in the first place, so that's always ridiculous when I have that thought.

Maybe someday.

It's a pain to clean as it uses oil in the silver part. You have to take it apart, wipe it out, and then soap up the clear windows on the inside as they are splattered with oil.

The popcorn tastes as good as if I'd popped it on the stovetop in the pan which would be much easier to clean.

So I have mixed feelings about this product.

Maybe I can try selling it on eBay.

Until next time.

No comments: