Saturday, February 16, 2008

When Pastor Loses Kev

I got a frantic phone call today from the Pastor Raw Justice. It went something like this:

"Rawmilkstar, hi, this is Pastor Justice. I can't locate Kev. He seems to have been abducted. OR something. I don't know where he could have wandered off to. This is a big place, he could get lost anywhere!! Can you give me his cell phone number so I can call him? We're trying to get the next sermon started."

"Oh, Pastor Raw, oh my goodness, heaven sakes alive. Here is Kev's number. Please have him call me as soon as you find him. Someone could have hit him over the head and drug him off someplace!"

"Oh, my goodness, no I don't think that could have happened."

"Right. I was only joking." (Actually the logistics were intended to make that a hilarious statement on my part, as Kev is a large man and if someone hit him on the head and knocked him out, they wouldn't be able to drag him anyplace, he'd be dead weight. Hey, Kev inherited his sense of humor from someplace, didn't he?)

Within moments, I got another call.

"Hi, this is Raw Justice. I found Kev. Sorry to alarm you. He was sitting on the other side of the pole, out of my line of sight. He was here the entire time. The lost sheep has been found. Sorry again. We're having a great time here, not to worry, not to worry. At least, we're having a good time. I don't know about Kev. I think he's having a good time, but I can't tell you for sure. Bye now!"

I was relieved to hear the little flock had been restored.

Until next time.

No comments: