I was on for kitchen duty last Saturday. Ever since Ree over at The Pioneer Woman posted her Chicken Salad recipe I've been wanting to make some type of chicken salad for dinner.
She puts grapes in her chicken salad. I've never done that before, but since my tastebuds seem to be changing, it actually sounded good.
I didn't use Ree's chicken salad recipe though. Here's what I did...
First I prepared some boneless, skinless chicken breasts. They were on sale at Safeway for $1.69 a pound, so $5.07 for the bag.
I trimmed the fat and other weird stuff from the chicken breast. I sprinkled salt and pepper on each piece as I laid them into a bowl and then let them set for a while.
I grilled the chicken breasts. I love grilling. Especially when it means I don't have to heat up the house cooking. It rained for a few minutes on Saturday, the sun was shining and it was pouring rain. So it was not too terribly hot out when I grilled. Kev received it as a gift for Christmas in 2006 from his granny and grandpa (dh's parents).
Next I made a salad.
5 leaves of red leaf lettuce, washed and torn into bits
1/2 a head of iceberg lettuce, washed and torn into bits
1 cucumber, halved and sliced
2 avocados, diced
We had red grapes on hand, so I cut a bunch of those in half.
Then I made homemade Ranch dressing.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup homemade plain yogurt
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
salt and pepper to taste
I tossed the lettuce, avocado and cucumber.
I put some salad in individuals bowls, then cut some chicken breast into strips and added that into the bowl, then tossed in some red grapes.
Lastly I spooned some Ranch dressing over the salad.
Very delicious. Everyone was impressed and there was even a bowl leftover for my lunch Sunday after church.
Until next time.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Chicken Salad
Labels: recipes
Posted by RawMilkStar at 4:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm not very happy.
That dressing is so good, you must be a witch. I don't like discovering that about my mom.
Sigh.
(The salad was awenem, too. I am impressed.)
Post a Comment