Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Desserts Using Your Bread Machine

This is an awesome book. I love to just sit and read it. It has so many delicious recipes in it. I have made the donuts before... hmmm... I thought I'd blogged about them when I made them... ahhh, now I see. I made them in November 2005 when I was on blogging hiatus...

Well, here' s a picture of the donuts. They were so delicious. Even better than the famous Krispy Kreme's that everyone drools over. Seriously. They were just like the donuts I remember having as a youngster. KK's are too mushy soft. Anyhoo... here I am blathering on and on about the book and haven't even mentioned it yet.

Desserts From Your Breadmaker Perfect Every Time Cakes,Cookies, Pastries, Doughnuts, Sticky Buns, and Other Recipes You Never Thought You Could Make in a Bread Machine by Lora Brody. ISBN 0-688-13071-2

I have made donuts one other time. This year, I think. Yes, end of March. I made them especially for some of our neighbors who live in Chicago most of the year, but visit here when they can in the spring. They didn't turn out so good. I must remember to use only the freshest ingredients next time I try making them.

One of the other recipes I've been wanting to try from this book: Lemon Poppy Seed Sweet Bread. My job gets food donations from a local foodbank and we're always getting this kind of "bread" which is more like cake, but of course it is made with partially hydrogenated oils, which I try to avoid. I just know a real homemade version would be a hundred times better.

Until next time.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

do you think you'd share the recipe? The one time I tried to make donuts, they turned out awful!

Yours look delicious!