I had a rough day today.
I worked with my boss first thing this morning and we were talking and I told her my dog has a growth that was a little bump like a mosquito bump and within a couple of weeks it has grown to the size of a dime and about 1/3" tall. I told her I didn't know what to do about it.
She said, matter of factly, that I needed to have it checked out. She said, quite logically, that it might be benign and easily removable right now, but if we wait too long it might turn into something worse. I agreed with her and said she was right. She shared with me about her brother's two dogs that he had lost to cancer. We continued to work together for another half hour or so, and I was feeling a deep sense of unease inside. When I finally got back to my office, I closed the door, sat at my desk and cried. For you see, this dog of mine means a lot to me. He is the first dog I've loved this hard since I was ten years old (34 years). I am truly one of "those people" that I used to think were off their rockers loving their dogs so much. I don't know what it is about him, but he is just so lovable, and to top it all off, he's an American Pitbull Terrier, the one breed of dog I swore I'd never own. We fostered him from the age of 3 weeks, and he will turn two on Valentine's Day. He is hands down, the BEST dog I've ever had the pleasure of owning. He's intelligent, good natured, happy, loving. He's a wonderful dog.
I called my friend who gave him to us to foster. Well, actually I emailed her first, and she was very kind and soothing to me. She gave me her favorite vet's number and encouraged me to have the lump checked out. So I made an appointment for Thursday.
The upside to this is I get to bring my dog to work for the day! My boss was very impressed when she met him about nine or ten months ago. I brought him in and I sat down, and he laid down right at my feet and went to sleep. She said he was very mellow and a good (and huge!) dog. She said most people who come to her house with dogs, the dog runs all over sniffing everything, but not my LJ. He just laid down at my feet (because I asked him to) and went to sleep.
I asked if I could bring him in for the day, and my boss asked me what else had I planned to do with him? Later in the day I thanked her for her words of encouragement, and she said she couldn't let anything happen to that big lug of a dog.
About 2:30, my boss called me up to the front desk. I got up there, and this beautiful bouquet of flowers had been delivered for me. From my sweet hubby. And the card said, "Just because".
I hope my pooch will be okay, and my husband is a keeper.
Until next time.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
"Just Because" Flowers
Labels: LJ
Posted by RawMilkStar at 6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, that's a keeper all right! Hope the best for your pup.
Now I know why he stuck with you all this time. He's a keeper. I keep your family in my prayers.
I know it's really unfair to do to a woman who just posted 100 things about herself...but I tagged you for 7 more (see my blog). Ignore if you want - I won't blame you!
Post a Comment