I began the No Poo Experiment on July 30th, 2007.
What is No Poo, you ask? Well, it means not using shampoo on one's hair. That's right, I discontinued shampooing -- with chemical-laden, hormone-disrupting, commercially-produced detergents -- 167 days ago. (Shhhh, I did shampoo at my hairdresser's request on my wedding day).
My hair is doing great. The first thing I noticed, and continue to notice is my hair isn't falling out like it used to. It is normal to lose a few strands of hair but when I'd shower there would always be a pretty good sized wad to deal with. My scalp seems much healthier also.
I wash my hair every other day. I have a plastic container with a screw on lid that I keep my baking soda in, and an old shampoo bottle (take THAT commercial shampoo companies!) which holds my apple cider vinegar.
I just plunk some baking soda into the plastic glass I keep in the shower, then fill it up with water. Pour it over my head and massage my scalp all over. Rinse, and do the same with some vinegar in the cup diluted to the top with water. I pretty much guesstimate the amounts, but I can tell when I don't get enough baking soda, because my hair feels heavy and can have a greasy look to it.
I love it! It's inexpensive and all natural!
You can check one of my previous posts on No Poo (Day Eleven) where I include some helpful links which persuaded me to embark on the No Poo Experiment.
Until next time.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
No Poo - 167 days
Labels: Bargain Hunting, Just Stuff
Posted by RawMilkStar at 7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You know, I think I'm going to do this. For some time, I was using only Dr. Bronner's soap as shampoo...I thought it was just fine. Then for some unknown reason I switched back. I just told D that we're not buying any more shampoo. We'll see how it goes :)
Post a Comment