[This was posted Thursday night, and I added to it on Friday afternoon]
The last time I tried going "no poo" I'm pretty sure I gave up after about a week. I remember feeling really frustrated and exclaiming, "My hair feels like straw!"
However, this time it seems to be working great.
It is amazing to me how wonderful my hair smells! It reminds me of that wonderful baby smell. You know how breastfed babies smell so delicious? You would think my hair would smell like vinegar, but it doesn't. If I didn't know better, I'd think I have been using regular shampoo and conditioner. But I have only been using the baking soda rinse and apple cider vinegar rinse. And not every single day either.
Okay, I've done some digging into my sent email box and apparently I tried going "no poo" but I was trying to not use shampoo which is considered detergent. I *was* using goat's milk bar soap on my head. I think I used soap for a few days, then after my hair was already freaking out, tried the baking soda and vinegar rinse. And it was feeling like straw and I thought it was because our water was hard.
Ds2 has also gone no poo. His hair looks fuller and less greasy. And it smells wonderful.
I asked my dear honey to smell my hair again this morning. He, like me, just can't believe that something isn't scenting my hair. He says it must be scent left on my pillow from the shampoo, but I wear my hair up in a bun. It's too long to sleep with it not tied up.
He said there's no way my hair can smell like strawberries and cream after eleven days without shampooing. LOL!
One other thing I noticed this morning when showering. Usually when I don't brush my hair for more than a day (I sometimes am in a hurry and just rake the front part with my fingers to make it look presentable, then twist it into a bun) and when I shower on the second day without brushing, clumps of hair fall out. When I wash my hair I twist it gently to remove as much water as I can and there are always long strands of loose hairs at the end of the ponytail. But this morning, instead of a honkin' clump, there were only 3-4 strands.
Here's the link again: Why You Should Go No Poo
Here's another article: The Great Shampoo Scandal
And another with reasons of why you should at least be careful about the ingredients in your shampoo: Can the Methyl Paraben in Your Shampoo Make You Fat?
Until next time.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Day Eleven No Poo
Labels: Just Stuff
Posted by RawMilkStar at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment