I'm so happy I found a white dress so that I get to wear a veil. My friend BB said she didn't want a white dress either until she went into a bridal shop and the first one she tried on she was hooked. She felt like a little girl again and wanted to be a princess.
I guess deep down inside there was a part of me that wanted a white gown and a veil. Another part of me was dead set against it, because that part of me is old-fashioned, thinking only virgins should be allowed to wear white.
I realized this morning that it was not very intelligent of me to clean the house straight through until 1pm and THEN sit for three hours straight beading on the veil. The last time I did that I got a terrible crick in my old neck and back. So today I cleaned house for 30 minutes (set the timer!),then beaded about 16 inches or so worth of the edging. That worked out MUCH better. I cleaned the living room, kitchen and defrosted the big freezer, vacuumed, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, washed several loads of clothes, folded and put them away (yippee! clean underwear for the entire next week!), washed ds2's bedding and put his bed back together, cleaned the meat from a cooked chicken, strained broth, washed milk jars, scrubbed the boys' toilet... that's all I can remember. I am so happy it's done! Tomorrow morning before church I'll clean ds1's bedroom and the rest of the day should be free. Let's pretend I already figured out the money and budget at the first of the month, shall we? That is probably what I will tackle tomorrow after church.
I managed to get one layer of the veil beaded. The bottom layer. I stitched the top together so I will know where to start beading on the other side of the material. If I bead along the same side for the entire perimeter of the veil, then when I fold it over, one side would be on the inside instead of the outer side.
The table I got for five dollars ended up being too tall after all, but the legs come off easily so I was able to set the table on two chairs and then sit on the couch. Perfect height and I'm not sore at all. Of course, not beading for two hours straight probably helped a great deal.
Here's my equipment. Nylon thread (hate it!), needle, pin cushion, scissors, beads, and ruler.
Here's a shot of the lower edge of the veil.
When I got around to where I started, I realized the beads were starting to loosen, because on the first length I didn't tie enough knots! I hope the other lengths will be okay. I had to take two sections out and redo them! Agh! I would say I put at least 2 hours into beading today.
Until next time.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
One Layer of the Veil Beaded
Posted by RawMilkStar at 5:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment