Saturday, August 11, 2007

Comparison Between Kodak and Nikon Cameras

All right, first of all, if spiders make your squeamish, turn back now.

.

.

.

.

.

..

..

...

...

....

....

....

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Pioneer Woman posted a series of spider pictures on her blog today and when I got done milking I saw our spider again. When I saw what she was working on, I made a point to remember to bring the camera back out. Actually since ds2 was still home, I had him come with me and take some pictures with our new awesome camera which I don't know how to use. My pictures were taken with my company's camera a Kodak EasyShare CX7430. I've been happy with it until today. Now I hate it. Ds2 is still getting the hang of using our new camera, but it's obviously hundreds of times better. It's a Nikon Coolpix S10. We got it from Costco for $219.99. The total was 245.50 after tax and shipping. It also included a 1GB SmartMedia card.

Okay, the first picture was taken with the Kodak. Click on any of the images for a much bigger image. This first image is unphotoshopped. As you can see it is dark and blurry.

Here I've lightened the image, but it is still blurry.

And now I've sharpened it, but it really didn't do all that much.

Here is a picture ds2 took at lower resolution. The image is about 450KB. I've cropped out most of the image except for the spider and bug, and made the picture a little bit smaller. I left it at 12 inches wide.
Here's a picture ds2 took at the higher resolution. I also cropped it and made it 12 inches wide.

I love this picture. I took a picture of ds2 taking a picture of the spider.


We both had a pang of regret for the bug... but I figure the spider has to eat and it probably already poisoned the bug, so the bug will die anyway. The bug was still alive. If you look at the bigger images you can see that the spider is working at wrapping the bug up in webbing.

Until next time.

1 comment:

CorwinFan15 said...

Poor thing. It has some sort of slime on it. Digestive fluid from the spider or something? Yew.

And don't feel too bad...this camera is 3 or 4 years newer than that one. Plus, it has a closeup feature called "macro." Macro!