I picked up the material on Monday. I found some really pretty white lace that I think will work great. I don't think too well when it comes to material and how much I'll need based on how wide the material is. This particular roll was 44" wide. I determined that I would really need a circle of 84" in diameter for the 60" table.
So the width was good. Sew together to get 88" (minus the material for the seam) but then I'd need my length to be at least 84". That's if I don't sew a hem. Which I really don't think I'll need to get that detailed. I don't think you can really tell the ends are raw. I mean who is going to be examining the tablecloth edges? So I really needed to have at least 4 yards and 2 feet. But I got exactly 4 yards. I could make the tablecloth hang over only 6" but I think it will look better hanging over 12".
I realized all I really need to do is to buy another 7 feet of material. At first I thought I had to buy the entire 4 yards and 2 feet all over again. Duh.
I am not sure what will be entailed to cutting out a perfect circle. The fact that we don't have an area in our home that will accommodate a piece of material that big (save the queen size bed) will be a bit of an issue. OOOOooooh, look what I found: Learn How To Make a Round Tablecover. The cost for each tablecloth is now $3.25 in material (4 3/4 yards at $0.75/yard).
Until next time.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Lace Tablecloth
Labels: Wedding
Posted by RawMilkStar at 6:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment