Friday, August 10, 2007

Pay It Forward Meme

The rules:

  1. I will send a handmade gift* within the next 365 days, to the first three people who leave a comment requesting to join this PIF exchange.
  2. I don't know what that gift will be yet, but it will be handmade*.
  3. If I do not know you personally, I will be emailing you to ask your favorite color, and mention a few things I am able to make. If you prefer to be totally surprised, just let me know.
  4. I will need to have your address eventually, in order to ship your gift.
  5. Please leave your email address with your comment so that I can contact you with more details. Blogger does not include your email when you comment, so I will not be able to contact you unless you leave your email address. Please feel free to disguise it.
  6. The only thing you have to do in return is "pay it forward" by making a similar agreement on your blog. It would be nice if you mention and link to my blog as the place you heard about this meme.
*The gift you send doesn't have to be handmade--choose your specs when you post it on your blog.

And that's it.

Now here's how I found out about this fun meme!!

I thought this meme sounded fun and when I saw that Ruth over at SewChic had posted it, I decided to join in. IIRC, I found the SewChic blog via Google search when I was interested in sewing my own wedding gown a few weeks ago. Ruth's daughter Jessica made her wedding gown last year. It is just gorgeous and she is a very talented seamstress. I really admire that she was able to make her gown to match what she envisioned. Jessica also made her own bridal bouquet using silk flowers, which was amazingly beautiful. Her reasons for using silk were very logical and I was thinking about doing the same thing until I saw that the bouquet I wanted to make for myself would cost around $80 for the silk flowers alone. Here is a video on making a cascading bridal bouquet. My friend Rees loves the idea of using real flowers, so with her counsel I've decided to carry a bouquet of white roses. I still like the cascading bouquet idea... I read someplace that carrying a cascading bouquet has a slimming effect on plus size brides.

Funny thing about the meme... the first place I saw it was on my friend bfmomma's blog. I've known bfmomma from another email list we have been on together for at least 7 or 8 years. It was too late to join hers by the time I saw it. After I joined Ruth's, I wondered who had signed up for my friend bfmomma's PIF meme. One of the people who signed up for her PIF meme was Mamafitz. bfmomma has MamaFitz linked from her site, so I have visited her blog once or twice. Then I clicked on MamaFitz's PIF meme, to see who signed up for hers. I was AMAZED to recognize that Ruth had signed up there. It's a small world, even on the Internet!

Until next time.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Hi - I will sign up under your post!

CorwinFan15 said...

Yo man. I'd be liking to sign up to this PIFM, doug, ifn you know how I roll, for reallies. The uhm...extreme, Willy Wonka can't touch this, uh, doug.

Uhm......and...dude. Yes, that's it.