Sunday, August 05, 2007

Pants Hemmed!

I have completed my weekend obligation to coworker Deema. She complained about buying a pair of pants for $9 and having to pay $15 to have them hemmed by an alterations shop. I told her why not let me hem them for her? So she decided to take me up on that offer last week.

I'm feeling tired. My back and neck were hurting so much that I decided to take two aspirin. I rarely take pain killers, but this was really a stiff crick in the neck.

Now I just need to complete my other sidejob, the bookkeeping one and I'll be done with my obligations to the outside world.

I'm supposed to pay bills this weekend but I don't see it happening. I have most of our bills automatically paid, just a couple that I write checks for. But I need to get some money moved from the checking account to the credit cards. Extra aside from the monthly payment.

I did finish another line of beading. What I mean by a "line" is I thread the needle with nylon thread, about 18 inches or so and bead that entire line's worth. It took me 23 minutes to bead 17 inches. That's 1 1/3rd inch per minute. I was surprised to see that I have nearly the entire 108 inches of the bottom completed. That means I only have another 108 plus 34 plus 32 inches left to go. I think I miscalculated earlier. I think it's going to take more like 4.5 hours to bead the entire outer edge. I also put on a three bead cluster to see what that would look like. I think it looks pretty cool. I'm thinking a three bead cluster every five inches or so. I don't know. That's probably going to be a million bead clusters. Let's see. 108 inches across, so 22 clusters across the width. Five inches from the bottom as shown. Then I'm thinking a second row of clusters five inches apart, 10 inches from the bottom, staggered. Maybe on just the top tier. Hmmm... maybe the top tier doesn't need beading on the edge. No, I think it does. Just thinking out loud here.


I noticed earlier today that my camera was dating 2008. Rest assured, it's still 2007.

Until next time.

No comments: