I've been working on my veil today. Yesterday I got it cut into the shape I wanted, which was basically just a huge oval. I tried sewing the 1/4" satin ribbon on yesterday, first using my sewing machine and then by hand. I finally figured out how to do it by hand so it didn't look puckered, but then I decided I didn't want ribbon on the edges anyway. So I took it all out.
I started today with the beading. Maybe it's true what my friend BB said, "You're nuts!". (She said this when I told her I wanted to make my own veil.) I got six feet of edging beading done in about two hours. I have to admit that once I got the hang of it, it went much faster. But it still takes about 15 minutes to do 1 foot. I have fourteen feet to do, so that's at least 3.5 hours. Hmmm... that's not TOO bad. Although unfortunately I do not see myself being able to do this while riding in the car. A flat, still surface is definitely necessary for success. My friend Rees has offered to make my veil, but stubbornly I insist on spending hours and hours beading... I decided on a row that looks like the one below. Two pearls, then a flute, then a ball, two flutes, a ball, two flutes and two more pearls. This is just the edging. It's actually kind of addictive and the two hours flew by in no time. Luckily for my sister who is having a bad man day. Usually I'm so busy doing something that I don't like being on the phone.
Now my back and neck are stiff, and it's time to clean the kitchen. Ds2 and dh are working, ds2 already told me they were bringing home dinner so once I get the kitchen done I can concentrate on other things.
Until next time.
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Maybe I *Am* Nuts
Labels: Wedding
Posted by RawMilkStar at 11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment