Monday, January 14, 2008

Just a Few Random Things

I get to work really early in the morning so I usually have some time to get a few things accomplished. Sometimes I blog, sometimes I just read blogs. This morning I decided to spend $4 and order myself a duplicate driver's license so I can stop worrying about where mine went. That can be done online in my state. I wonder if someone could steal my identity if I dropped it someplace? Second, I ordered another of those child support EFT cards which cost me $5 to replace it - had to call them to do that.

I made a long TO-DO list. So many things to do that keep floating around in my head. Maybe if I put it down on paper I can concentrate better without it all cluttering up my head.

Here's a blog post I want to look over more carefully one of these days: Frugal Ideas from Frugal Upstate.

One of our clients who regularly brings in baked goodies to share with all of us told me about this one recipe that is a big hit wherever she takes it: Dump Cake. Totally unhealthy, but it sounded interesting...

Today I sold the only book I have listed on Half.com. I listed it yesterday. That has to be a record! I bought it from Amazon.com for dh, it wasn't what he thought it was going to be. I used a gift certificate, it cost $11.97, it sold on Half for $10.50.

We're signed up to bring goodies for Sunday service on the 20th. I've decided on one of the things I'm going to bring. It's fun bringing the snacks! A hint: The Magic Bullet makes peanuts into really yummy peanut butter! And I have this orange blossom raw honey... mmmm...

It has become so exciting to go to the grocery store - I keep finding apostrophe abuse and unnecessary quotation marks! Dh's phone plan allows unlimited text messages and sending of photos, so I'm always asking him for his phone. He's almost as excited as I am when I find one. LOL. We are easy to entertain. Oh, take a look at the demonic manifestation in ds2's tonsil. Don't forget to check out the closeup of the eyeball. Bwah. I even caught a gander at it with my own eyes and wow, it sure looks like a teensy, tiny eyeball in there. Pastor assured him it's not a demon, as a demon wouldn't want to be in him to begin with. ;-)

Speaking of ahem, eyeballs... I think today is my father's birthday. How he managed to be the topic of my first blog post ever, I'll never know!

Nighty-night! Don't let the bed bugs bite!

Until next time.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe you do quotation and apostrophe sighting! Those are two of my biggest pet peeves - along with your/you're and there/they're/their abuse. Thank you so much for linking to those blogs!!

RawMilkStar said...

SCREAM!!! Yep!! You will love those blogs! I have already submitted to both of them. It helps so much to have someone somewhere to show/tell that cares. ;-) Apostrophe Abuse has already put my submissions up. I'm still waiting for the quotations site to put mine up. She seems to run about a month behind. Neat!

CorwinFan15 said...

Uh, speaking of ahem, eyeballs...I just realized I hadn't taken pictures of my ocular organs yet. Hold on.

I am still scared to see if the possessed tonsil is still acting up...

[a href=http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imwatchingyouzf2.jpg]Here's the pic of my eye[/a], hosted by imageshack.us. I need someone else's eye to photograph. Mine is all blurry because I can't see what I'm doing. /pout



I remember the day your dad came around. Me and Matt were hole up in my room playing Perfect Dark. Man, but that game is awesome.

CorwinFan15 said...

Fixed link: Here's the pic of my eye

That's what happens when you get cocky in regards to HTML, kids.