
Our newest baby chicks. Mutt chicks. We have a lot of mutt hens and most of them lay green eggs! A couple of years ago, our feed store sold me some Maran chicks. They lay chocolate brown/purple eggs. After a couple of weeks, I was pretty sure we'd been sold Ameraucanas. That's cool. We think the green eggs are pretty and unique. Only we already had 3 Easter Egger hens and I'd bought another six when I bought the six Marans. So now we have far more green eggs than brown eggs. Green eggs are -- like I said, "pretty" and "unique". It's weird enough when people get a couple of green eggs per dozen, but when they get 10 green eggs, a white egg and a brown egg, it is just too weird. So these two were hatched from green eggs. More Ameraucanas. ;-)
Until next time.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
1 1/2 Day Old Chicks
Labels: chickens
Posted by RawMilkStar at 2:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment