Monday, May 01, 2006

Power Cocoa

I promised to share my Power Cocoa recipe, so here 'tis. This is an NT thang. Fat loading at breakfast to make one's food last longer.

1 cup raw milk
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla

2 Tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil

2 egg yolks

Pour milk into a small saucepan, begin heating gently. Add cocoa, sweetener and vanilla. "Hit" with a stick blender for a few seconds. Allow to heat until a little hotter than lukewarm. Add coconut oil. Allow to melt. Blend. Add egg yolks, blend quickly. The point is to keep as many nutrients as possible by not heating the milk too much. Also, if the milk is too hot, the yolks will cook. Otherwise, you will not know the yolks are even there and they add protein and fat.

Enjoy! When I have my power cocoa for breakfast I am satisfied for a good four hours.

Until next time.

No comments: