Thursday, August 03, 2006

No More Blind Spots

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ds2 bought and installed these nifty little mirrors to my sideview mirrors.

There is nothing like the feeling of knowing all the vehicles in traffic around you, you are sure that you know there are none to the left or right, for you have been watching diligently. You turn on your signal and take a quick look just before you nudge the wheel to change lanes and SURPRISE!! There's someone in your blind spot!

I've been practicing using them in the past few days, and so far it seems if I can make it a habit to always view the tiny mirror, as well as the sideview mirror, the chance of the surprise will decrease significantly.

I still don't think I can break the habit of that precursory head twisting look... for me, since I wear glasses, my peripheral vision is blurry, so it requires that I spin my head nearly around to make sure it's safe. ;-) Speaking of blurry vision... it has been 8 days since my eye exam. My glasses should be ready in 1 to 2 weeks. I am starting to get excited about having 20/20 vision again.

Today I felt MUCH better than I have felt in many days. I have been making sure I get my kefir smoothie, with my organic virgin coconut oil, and today I took my selenium, kelp and cod liver oil. Dinner tonight was chicken breast tenders, a bag of stir fry veggies with butter. Ds2 made bulgur bread in the breadmaker. I had a few bites, very good bread! He's really trying to get more into the Nourishing Traditions cookbook. He told me he learned today that it's not sugar ON your teeth that causes the problem, it's ingested sugar making your teeth rot from the inside out. Uh yeah! Like I haven't said THAT before, lol!

On Tuesday, dh put a rooster on to make chicken bone broth. The recipe cooks for 24 hours. It is supposed to be very nutritious and healing, especially if the broth gelatinizes. People who have digestive disorders are often healed by consuming bone broths.

I am planning to watch a movie this weekend which was recommended to me by a coworker last week: Days of Heaven with Richard Gere, Brooke Adams, Sam Shepard, and Linda Manz. This movie was made in 1978.

Until next time.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

I got some of those after we first bought the minivan when I was SCARED TO DEATH that I'd back over a child. They are very helpful, IMO