I hate falling down.
It rained pretty good here on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon. This morning, since the wash had gotten pretty good and wet the two previous days, dh suggested I leave by the front gate, instead of the side. He was going to follow me out and drive over to the community well and get a load of water.
I drove to the front and got to the gate first. I hopped out, and unlocked the gate. The gate is a very wide one, and pretty heavy. It has a wheel and when it rains, the gate sinks down a bit into the sandy dirt. So I gave it a push and nothing. Then I leaned all my body weight into it and gave a great shove. CRASH!! The entire gate fell down! I fell down and landed on my knees and hands. OOOOooohhh!! My knees!!! Owwwwww!!! I rolled over onto my back and just laid there moaning. My dh came running up and said, "Are you all right?!" I said I guessed I was... and he said, "Is anything broken?" I told him I didn't think so and he said, "Well, get up, before someone sees you!" LOL!! I just looked at him and said there was no way I was getting up yet. I was in too much pain. I guess it might have looked like the car ran me into the gate and knocked it down.
Then when I got to work, our IT manager came in and handed me a battery backup and said, "Merry Christmas!" and I said, "I already have one of those." He said maybe the one I have wasn't working properly, since when the power went out the other day, my computer shut off (shouldn't do that with the battery backup). So I didn't know this would cause a problem, but I flipped off the switch on the battery backup. I guess I thought maybe it wasn't connected up with my computer. At any rate, I got an error message on the screen and the computer would not boot up, even after I restarted it a couple of times. Luckily we have a good IT person now and he was able to get my hard drive reformatted and I was back to work within a couple of hours.
On Tuesday I went past an accident in our small city... a gravel truck had apparently crushed a car into a signal pole. I assume the small car was trying to make a left turn. The design for this particular area is very poor. You can only get out of this store easily to go south, by this one exit. I snapped a picture as I went by. I drew arrows on the photo where the car was crushed into the signal pole. It is just an ashy looking crumpled up piece of metal. There are lots of crosses, flowers and balloons at that intersection now. The accident damaged the pole so badly that they are having to completely replace it. If you also look to the left of the picture, you will see that there is a fireman still working and the front part of that truck is blackened. I think the cab probably exploded into flames on impact. There is a big ditch that the truck drove into. I guess it was lucky that ditch is there, because the bank right past that area would surely have been crashed into.
Until next time.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Three Crashes
Labels: Just Stuff
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment