I don't have enough patience to blog at home anymore and I'm not getting up earlier than I already am, just to get to work earlier to blog three days a week!!!
I suspected that I have the Sasser Worm/Virus whatever, at home, and have downloaded two tools to fix it, and neither one found anything wrong. My computer is running SLLLLLOOOWWW, and I can't connect faster than 19,200bps. Talk about living in the dark ages!! I couldn't connect to the Internet all day long Saturday because my ISP's phone number was busy, and when I called to find out what the problem was I discovered they outsource their tech support to India (at least it certainly seemed that way for the hard to understand accents and non-helpful attempts to help)!! I wish it weren't so hard to change email addresses when you've had the same one for years, or I'd find a local provider tomorrow. The tech support was NO help and at the first level they even told me to go into msconfig and make changes, which ever since I keep getting a message when I reboot, and I'm taken to msconfig and asked to change things there, or see this popup message forever.
Do you think they even considered the fact that the error message was 676 Line is busy, and I could hear a busy signal could mean their lines were busy? Of course not. It had to be on MY end. I finally told them they were no help at all, I was hanging up and I'd wait a few hours until their lines weren't so busy. It worked. I tried later in the day and connected.
Anyway, I AM at work, and as I pulled into the parking lot someone was pulling into MY SPOT.
So I'm a grump today.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Computer Problems
Posted by RawMilkStar at 7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ugh! I hate slow computers. Mine's really awful. I am thinking about getting a Mac next time. I don't know that we can afford it, but supposedly viruses and spyware aren't written for macs (at least not as much) and the sofware runs so much more efficiently that it doesn't slow things down so terribly.
The parking spot? Is it labelled for you, or just your fave spot? Ruins a day for me, too. :(
hugs...
Post a Comment