Friday, July 07, 2006

How Safe is Raw Milk?

Here is a site that gives a lot of information about raw milk. You really have to know your source, when you are intent on consuming raw milk. Some studies say milk is bad for you, but these are nearly always based on pasteurized, homogenized milk from confined cows that are fed grain and injected with hormones.

Here's one more link with lots of good links on raw milk: Save Your Dairy : Articles

It rained here on Wednesday, rather I guess that would be early Thursday morning. Just after midnight, we got a HUGE downpour. Rather than deal with milking in the rain yesterday morning, we just let the kids in with their dams and that left only one doe to milk. We have 3 gallons of milk frozen, so we aren't too desperate, although my mom and I need to work out a delivery system to get my youngest sister's milk to her (she doesn't have a car).

I had to work late yesterday... attended a meeting that was supposed to last from 2-3pm, but lasted until almost 4:30pm, then had to take a deposit to the bank for my agency. Anyway, I usually separate the kids from their dams when I get home around 5 and since I got home much later, and it looked like it might rain again, we didn't separate the kids last night.

It was like taking a vacation to only have to look forward to milking one doe. As it turned out, I did milk Miss L, because she wanted to be milked (she's always milked first) and she did give me a pound (rather than her normal donation which is 2 or 3 pounds). Then it was Miss Little Stupid's turn and she gave me 2.5 pounds.

I'm going back to bed for a nap. I'm already so tired, I can't stand it. I had to drink coffee every day this week at work, just to stay awake.

Until next time.

No comments: